Internal & External auditors
The assurance sector has undergone special developments in recent years. Companies and its stakeholders are not only looking for robust “assurance”, but also expect new insights, a fresh perspective and continuous knowledge sharing.
We support internal audit teams with data analysis and process mining around, for example, internal control testing (e.g. SOX), fraud investigations and audits of key processes such as Order-to-Cash and Purchase-to-Pay.
We support colleague accountancy firms to make the step to data-driven assurance. we share our Audit 3.0 methodology, our practical experience and support fellow offices with data analysis support by team members from the Coney Audit team. So we do not only offer customized training courses and workshops through the Coney Academy, but share our audit methodology and help audit teams with building data analysis scripts. We have been working since 2005 to give data analysis, process mining and data visualization a place in the audit. In addition, we experiment with techniques such as predictive analysis and supervised machine learning.
- We share concrete data analysis and process mining applications and knowledge from practice
- Together we make the transition to the Accountant3.0 approach through tools, trainings, workshops and data analysis support from our experts
- Broad experience with data analysis and process mining in the assurance domain
- We share the pitfalls and clearly indicate what we can and can not do
HOW WE WORK:
Before the project starts, we come along to share each other’s expectations and mindset and to make a realistic planning together.
LEARNING BY DOING
With the help of training courses and workshops we teach the team to use the software tools and we take the team along in the translation from control ‘as is’ to the control 3.0 approach.
TRAINING ON THE JOB
Where necessary, our experts will provide support for problems or issues that the team encounters along the way.
After the previous process, the team has built up the skills and mindset to offer your (future) customers the accountant3.0 approach.
CONDITIONS FOR SUCCESSFUL COOPERATION
- The customer’s audit team is leading towards all stakeholders.
- All stakeholders are involved from the start of the project and recognize the added value of the use of data analysis and process mining.
- We work with a clear division of tasks, time planning and budget.
- Data analysis is an investment in the future. It is important that all stakeholders are prepared to look beyond one year.
- The audit team is prepared to review the analyzes and to carry out them themselves (Coney is always willing to support, but the mindset is focused on knowledge sharing).